Orphaned Node in GUI und Corosync

Jun 11, 2018
Hello,

I have problem in one of our clusters. The cluster had 2 Node. Yesterday I wanted to add a 3rd one. Due to a mistake in the IP-Config the Clusterjoin weren't finished propably. I decided to reinstall the 3rd node with new IP and FQDN. This time it works fine. But now I have an oprhaned node shown in the Web-UI:

- I already deleted /etc/pve/nodes/<FAILED NODENAME>
- with "pvecm status" I have 4 exptected votes and currently 3 votes
- "pvecm nodes" dont show the failed node. I think because the join-process doesn't finished successfully
- /etc/pve/corosync still has a entry with the IP of the failed Node
- The WEB-UI still shows the orphaned node

- Some operations in the WebUI cant be done. For example when I want to migrate a VM I need to define a target Hosts. The Dropdown-menu for this doesnt show any entries. Migratating and other Tasks are still possible over the CLI.

How can I aproach this issues? Can I delete the entry of for the failed node manually from corosync and restart the corosync service and pveproxy? What else I have to do?

PS: I use PVE 5.3 and higher

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!