Opt-in Linux 5.19 Kernel for Proxmox VE 7.x available

Yeah, I have this already...
the vendor-reset module as well. It does not help.
If you have an AMD GPU supported by vendor-reset, then with 5.19 you don't need any work-arounds. The only thing is to make sure vendor-reset is actually active.
To be fair I have no try without video=efifb:eek:ff" or "video=simplefb:eek:ff
I kept adding stuff in my grub conf file but did not clean up. I'll try that
Not having anything of that stuff and just using the amdgpu driver (no blacklisting) fixed it for me and others on this forum.

If you have an AMD GPU supported by vendor-reset, then with 5.19 you don't need any work-arounds. The only thing is to make sure vendor-reset is actually active.

Not having anything of that stuff and just using the amdgpu driver (no blacklisting) fixed it for me and others on this forum.
Not having anything is indeed the way to go !
I don't need the hook script to rescan the pci bus anymore
Thank you for this.

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216049

it seems upstream has applied quite a few quirks for various vendor models that exhibit this broken behaviour, so likely we need to cherry-pick one of those (or wait for them to trickle down from upstream)..

edit: seems like for this particular model such a patch hasn't been written yet.. maybe you could add your model to the linked bug tracker?
Was this ever resolved? I made the potential mistake of ordering a p4608 and now I see it may not work on kernel 6.2. Was a patch ever cherry picked?

Cool.. i was able to upgrade half of cluster to 5.19 kernel and saw that migration issues between amd and intel dissapeared. But now few days later it seems 5.19 kernel has been scraped as it was replaced with 6.1 kernel. Oh well. Nice timing on my side. Restart all the testing.

Was this ever resolved? I made the potential mistake of ordering a p4608 and now I see it may not work on kernel 6.2. Was a patch ever cherry picked?
Regarding support for Intel SSD DC P4608 we had to compile the kernel (6.2.9) ourself with the following quirk patch to make the kernel discover both NVMe devices.
Diff:
#intel-P4608-quirk.patch
--- a/drivers/nvme/host/pci.c    2023-04-11 14:05:32.125909796 +0000
+++ b/drivers/nvme/host/pci.c    2023-04-11 14:13:01.871252247 +0000
@@ -3377,7 +3377,8 @@
     { PCI_VDEVICE(INTEL, 0x0a54),    /* Intel P4500/P4600 */
         .driver_data = NVME_QUIRK_STRIPE_SIZE |
                 NVME_QUIRK_DEALLOCATE_ZEROES |
-                NVME_QUIRK_IGNORE_DEV_SUBNQN, },
+                NVME_QUIRK_IGNORE_DEV_SUBNQN |
+                NVME_QUIRK_BOGUS_NID, },
     { PCI_VDEVICE(INTEL, 0x0a55),    /* Dell Express Flash P4600 */
         .driver_data = NVME_QUIRK_STRIPE_SIZE |
                 NVME_QUIRK_DEALLOCATE_ZEROES, },

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!