OPNsense

Cobbling this response together based on other posts strewn among several threads.
  1. Can the physical PC directly connected to vmbr1/enp45s0 ping the *Sense gateway IP?
  2. Worse comes to worse and you give the Physical PC a static IP in the 10.0.0.1/24 subent can you reach and use the internet normally?
  3. Have you tried a switch connected to enp45s0 then plugging your AP's and Physical PC into that switch to see if either can get an IP via DHCP?

1-2 : by just connecting the PC to enp45s0 and waiting, nothing. No config received, not possible to ping the gateway 10.0.0.1

By adding configuration manually : ip, subnet and gateway, I have access to internet and local network and of course I can ping the gateway.

3 : I will test this evening

Your laptop is rj45 cable connected and DHCP is not assigning it an ip address.
Have you checked that wifi is disabled/turned off on that laptop?
Maybe the laptop wants to use wifi before lan cable...

3- With a switch between my pfsense and my PC, same thing. It only works when I enter configuration manually.

Have you shown a copy of your /etc/network/interfaces file in any of the threads posted to on this topic? If not, can you show the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces.

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp46s0
iface enp46s0 inet manual

auto enp45s0
iface enp45s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.2/24
        bridge-ports enp46s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
#WAN

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
        address 10.0.0.2/24
        gateway 10.0.0.1
        bridge-ports enp45s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
#LAN

Provider's box : 192.168.1.1
OPNsense WAN IP is 192.168.1.2
OPNsense LAN IP is 10.0.0.1
and I activated DHCP on LAN

- are you sure there is only ONE active DHCP server in your network....?
192.168.1.1 is (I guess) an ISP router/modem, that has probably got an active DHCP server running.

You're right, I wanted pfsense to replace my isp box and it worked except tv.

I currently have my isp box, pfsense connected on it and my PC.

Isp box or not, the problem on pfsense lan is the same : DHCP not giving configuration to PC client.

You're right, I wanted pfsense to replace my isp box and it worked except tv.

I currently have my isp box, pfsense connected on it and my PC.

Isp box or not, the problem on pfsense lan is the same : DHCP not giving configuration to PC client.

So you either have your ISP box act as DHCP,
or you let pfSense do DHCP.
You cannot have two active DHCP servers at the same time.

@Spoonman2002 they do not have 2 DHCP servers on the LAN side as far as I can tell and opnsense is not serving any DHCP on the WAN side. It is ok for the ISP to serve DHCP wan side and Opnsense serve DHCP lan side.

An issue I see on your WAN side 192.168.2.0/24 network where OPNsense has the WAN IP address of 192.168.1.2 while simultaneously giving that same address to proxmox on vmbr0, which is what the address 192.168.1.2/24[/ICODE] line does. You can easily increment that number by 1 in either Opnsense or proxmox.

@Spoonman2002 they do not have 2 DHCP servers on the LAN side as far as I can tell and opnsense is not serving any DHCP on the WAN side. It is ok for the ISP to serve DHCP wan side and Opnsense serve DHCP lan side.

An issue I see on your WAN side 192.168.2.0/24 network where OPNsense has the WAN IP address of 192.168.1.2 while simultaneously giving that same address to proxmox on vmbr0, which is what the address 192.168.1.2/24[/ICODE] line does. You can easily increment that number by 1 in either Opnsense or proxmox.

Okay, I see.
But what is his current config now, because he has posted several screenshots with different configs...
The most recent is pfSense with 10.0.0.0 subnet on vmbr0.

Reactions: vesalius

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!