OpenVZ Ploop support

I posted this in another thread, but I think it belongs here:

ploop fits nicely in the new ceph and gluster direction the proxmox project is headed. Currently containers are not usable on top of ceph and gluster. ploop can fix that, even if it's accessed over gluster, it will still be much faster than single file accesses.

Add this to snapshotting, rollbacks, live migration and so on...

Maybe a little bounty would push things forward?

+1

ATM we're using Proxmox Cluster with some dynamic KVMs and a lot of VZs. Tried CephFS with our test cluster and were impressed. Perfect, HA-aware setup with CephFS and OpenVZ on ploop would be nice. We would also pay for it. Probably sponsoring is the way to go....

As far as I know, there is no OpenVZ support for the v3 kernel. OpenVZ team has not yet ported it to the RHEL-7 (3.10) kernel.

When/if ploop is supported in Proxmox will we be able to convert existing Proxmox containers too it? Really looking forward too ploop support. I imagine the hold up is waiting for Openvz to officially support EL7?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!