OpenVZ install and Bridged mode

boka333

Oct 23, 2013
hello,

I have a question related to proxmox

When to proxmox-to install OpenVZ and the network choose Bridged mode and vmbr0:

3c7d763f58bda7881b8bfbe44a2661fe.jpg

, how to login to the VPS via putty.

That the IP address used during logins?

Dedicated server ip or ?

You can use a public dedicated IP address or a IP address of you local network. If you use a public IP you should be able to connect normally with the IP to your server, if you select a internal IP address you have to route the traffic with iptables to the internal IP address.
Does this answer your question?

Yes but,if i use public dedicated IP (same ip have dedicated server ) and start connect in putty,I will be AUTOMATIC connected to a dedicated server or not?

You can't use the same IP for two machines (for your host and for a VPS). You need an own dedicated IP address for it. The only solution I know is to give the OpenVZ VM an internal IP address and example forward the port 22 with iptables to the VM in the background.

Thanks a lot,

but I am a beginner, do you know a tutorial where i can find out how to do this:
The only solution I know is to give the OpenVZ VM an internal IP address and example forward the port 22 with iptables to the VM in the background.

I don't know any tutorial about this topic, sorry. Maybe you can take a look in the Proxmox wiki.

For example:
Give the OpenVZ machine the internal IP address 192.168.1.2 and redirect the port 1122 from the host to port 22 on the virtual machine with iptables: iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d IP_FROM_THE_HOSTSYSTEM -p tcp --dport 1122 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.2:22

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!