OpenNode

How should that work? either use Proxmox VE or OpenNode, live-migration between different solutions will never work reliable.

How should that work?
You ask me ? :)

either use Proxmox VE or OpenNode
Why not :)
Yes if there is no other choice, in the meantime, there is the proposition of this thread

live-migration between different solutions will never work reliable.
Opennode developers are less negative : "If Proxmox includes vzmigrate then it should probably work for containers. For KVM Im not so sure - as proxmox does not use libvirt."
I saw a proxmox interview while ago saying that libvirt will never be used, is that correct ?

our pmxcfs is not compatible with opennode, and yes, we do not use libvirt. vzmigrate is only for OpenVZ. our system is based on corosync, so there are strict rules for cluster members - a opennode server can never join a proxmox clusters.

beside technical issues, what is the benefit of such a feature? for me its just 100 % useless, means I would never use it and also other think like this. are you willing to pay Proxmox and Opennode dev´s to work on this? I am 100 % sure no one will finance this.

This means that the feature is not useless, but it's useless to talk about :)
Thanks for your answer

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!