diaolin

Renowned Member
Jul 7, 2008
Trentino Italy
Is it possible to add a hint to each node interface like

vmbr0 (dmz)
vmbr1 (net)
vmbr2 (local)

just to intercept correctly (when adding a new machine) the correct interface to join machine to???

I know that this is not in the code and i can write it myself... and send the patch, obviously :eek:

is this interesting or not?

Another consideration when adding storage members to a pool i see the names of each storage
but when i add Virtual Machines i can see only numbers...

is it possible to add the names even to Virtual Machines like in the Storage list?

Many thanks, Diaolin

I know that this is not in the code and i can write it myself... and send the patch, obviously :eek:

is this interesting or not?

yes, this is interesting.

Another consideration when adding storage members to a pool i see the names of each storage
but when i add Virtual Machines i can see only numbers...

is it possible to add the names even to Virtual Machines like in the Storage list?

VMs are identified by ID. But you can improved the GUI to display both things.

My suggestion on /usr/share/pve-manager/ext4/pvemanagerlib.js

BridgeName: function(v) {
return (/^vmbr[a-zA-Z0-9]+$/).test(v);
},
BridgeNameText: gettext('Format') + ': vmbr<b>N</b>, where 0 <= <b>N</b> <= 9999',
BondName: function(v) {
return (/^bond[a-zA-Z0-9]+$/).test(v);
},
BondNameText: gettext('Format') + ': bond<b>N</b>, where 0 <= <b>N</b> <= 9999',

In this case I could mantain the actual naming convention or use my idea:

vmbr0 old method
vmbr0lan my method

vmbr1 -> vmbr1net
vmbr2 -> vmbr2dmz

and bond in the same mode

I use the addition of the hint to the bridge/bond device

that works directly out of the box...

If you want i send the whole file...

For the VM it's not true that are identified by ID but that i can identify the VMS with the ID but the list is a simple counter,,,
I'll improve the code

Ciao, Diaolin

Diaolin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!