One question about clustering in Proxmox 2.x

Thank you for that information.

It worked here.

I ran in to a problem as network-manager was removed but not purged.

Code:
  Starting cluster:    Checking if cluster has been disabled at boot... [  OK  ]
   Checking Network Manager... 
Network Manager is either running or configured to run. Please disable it in the cluster.

so followed the steps to de-cluster. then after running aptitude purge network-manager was able to add the node.

As far as I know, Proxmox does not install that piece of sh... sorry... network-manager service :)
Did you install from standard squeeze (desktop?) using deb packages instead of Proxmox ISO?

Proxmox does not install nm. But this system has for 5 months been a proxmox server and desktop system. I was just adding it to cluster. My plan is to have 3 or 4 desktop/proxmox systems to help with cluster quorum .

This worked for me too on 2 nodes that were failing and we could not recover. Thanks.

As I've read on other posts I also find a fail that PVE cluster has become so much more complex to maintain and that it does not include a simple "remove" from cluster command or even better that the new /etc/pve dynamic mounting system can not be removed for non-cluster one server installs. I imagine it's so much better for large clustering installs but adds enormous overhead on smaller applications.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!