Old Mellanox cards

TeleFragger

Mar 22, 2022
Ok so I have these very old, and I mean OLD Mellanox cards. they do not use SFP or SFP+ but they use a connector as CX4. Not the Mellanox CX4 cards.. but the port..
anyway... it was a cheap way for me to get 10gb in my house on my gaming rig (Win10), plex server (Win10), Storage Server (Windows Server 2019) and ESXI 6.7.

Esxi 7.0 does not support these cards so I thought I would try Proxmox.
I know the bare minimum where I have to google everything when it comes to oustide of Microsoft Windows (Been a Windows admin since 1993)

anyway... googling I found a command and here is the output...

lspci -k | grep Mellanox 04:00.0 Network controller: Mellanox Technologies MT25408A0-FCC-GI ConnectX, Dual Port 20Gb/s InfiniBand / 10GigE Adapter IC with PCIe 2.0 x8 5.0GT/s In... (rev a0) Subsystem: Mellanox Technologies MT25408A0-FCC-GI ConnectX, Dual Port 20Gb/s InfiniBand / 10GigE Adapter IC with PCIe 2.0 x8 5.0GT/s Interface

1. so this means that Proxmox sees the nic?
2. how does one get drivers installed? - yes I need the hand holding walk through.

Gui does not see the nic.

Thx in advanced... and if the NIC is not supported, then so be it. Also I see that Proxmox coders are replying here as well... I can send you a card if you would like as i have like 8 extra.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!