OIDC Token question

willywonkla1089

Dec 9, 2022
Hey Folks,

New to Proxmox and was trying to poke around the API. I stumbled on a openid path ("/api2/json/access/openid") which holds 'auth-url' and 'login' endpoints. Does anyone have experience in using these endpoints to get a API ticket?

I currently have working OIDC setup with Google and it works with Proxmox GUI. I attempted using the above mentioned endpoints to get a ticket (PVEAuthCookie) but I keep getting 401 authorization failed errors.

Context: Trying to see of I can setup Oauth based API tokens instead of hardcoded API keys (or username and password) for access to Proxmox API from a CLI I am developing.

Reference: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/#/access/openid/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!