Office 365 spam filtering front-end

bsnipes

Mar 23, 2010
Has anyone implemented PMG as a spam filtering front-end to an Office 365 domain? If so, what has been your experience?

I need information about this, need to configure outbound mail and we can only use the standard port 25. But port 25 are bound for inbound mail only.

Both inbound and outbound is supported....but not on port 26

Interesting, however, you need to know, that a „good“ incoming filtering eliminates „sideattacks“, so my „real“ mail systems are only available via pmg and not directly any more as spammers may bypass your mx settings and try the host directly or may find office 365 records in your zone and try to deliver directly. That said, you only have three options:

1. open a bug to have a feature request adding the possibility to have multihomed (more IP addresses) environments and then set incoming filtering on one IP port 25 and outgoing filtering on another IP port 25

2. doing the above by yourself by adjusting the master.cf after copying from templates and have two IP addresses or alternative have two installations of PMG on two machines, one for outgoing, one for incoming

3. if you’re aware of the ip addresses, mails are coming from and you‘ve dedicated ip addresses at Office 365 setup a firewall which NAT IP address pool to port 26 internally, however, if you’re on shared environment, that won’t work as all other customers on the same infrastructure would be handled as outgoing by PMG when sending mails to you from the same IPs

Ok, but I have a rule for sideattacks. My Office365 only accepts mail from Proxmox.

1. Ok, I will.

2. Yes, I see the problem. Multihomed port will be an solution for that.

https://munerisit-my.sharepoint.com...VFng9AII2FkV8BL3cgKyd4fGvYypCd-AGGPA?e=6L4lVm
EYugdUzEtSVFng9AII2FkV8BL3cgKyd4fGvYypCd-AGGPA

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!