NVME ZFS 10, can't create rpool

dsh

Jul 6, 2016
Hi,

I'm trying to do clean installation with 8x Intel P4510 on ZFS 10.

When I try to install following error shows.

1vz4xE6d.jpeg

I've executed dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/nvmeXn1 bs=64MB count=10 on all drives.Still the same.

Can anybody help? Thanks

Last edited:
The screenshot of the error does not show up, please use the Forum image upload tool to add it here and don't rely on third party hoster.

If it's "rpool already exists" or the like, try using zpool labelclear /dev/nv...

The screenshot of the error does not show up, please use the Forum image upload tool to add it here and don't rely on third party hoster.

If it's "rpool already exists" or the like, try using zpool labelclear /dev/nv...

Thank you. I've edit the post.

As a workaround, I created a mirrored ZFS using first two disk. After installation completed I've added mirrors manually using following command.

zpool add rpool mirror /dev/disk/by-id/disk1 /dev/disk/by-id/disk2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!