NTP problem on windows 2016 Active directory virtualized via proxmox 5 and 6.

José Roberto

Oct 30, 2017
Hello people,

I'm having trouble keeping my active directory schedule on windows server 2016 synchronized with the ntp server, I researched some micorsoft forums and what I saw most was people saying it might be due to hypevision.
In hypeV they have a function that they disable called "time synchronization"

In proxmox 5 and 6 is there anything like this?

The output of the "w32tm.exe /query /source" command
Local CMOS Clock

should be my ntp server, but i can't do it!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-08-02 19-46-14.png
    Screenshot from 2021-08-02 19-46-14.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 11
Hello people,

I'm having trouble keeping my active directory schedule on windows server 2016 synchronized with the ntp server, I researched some micorsoft forums and what I saw most was people saying it might be due to hypevision.
In hypeV they have a function that they disable called "time synchronization"

In proxmox 5 and 6 is there anything like this?

The output of the "w32tm.exe /query /source" command
Local CMOS Clock

should be my ntp server, but i can't do it!
Sorted out.

I didn't find a function like this in proxmox, but the problem with windows getting the machine's local time was due to the delay with the ntp server, so it was getting locally.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!