Not see the integrated graphics on Intel I7 6700 Skylake

Serrgo

Aug 10, 2016
Hi there. I have a trouble with Proxmox 4.2-17 on dedicated server based Intel I7 6700 Skylake. I have installed virtual Windows 7 but it not see integrated graphics of intel. Who knows how solve this problem? What drivers do I need to install?

Graphic specifications of this processor:
Processor Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 530
DirectX* Support: 12
Graphics Output: eDP/DP/HDMI/DVI
etc.
Full specification on this link - http://ark.intel.com/products/88196/Intel-Core-i7-6700-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz

Hi,

I think you understand here something wrong. A VM has normally an emulated Graphic. The only case where you have a physical card in the VM, is when you pass a physical Graphic-card through.

So I can't to pass the integrated graphics of Intel to the virtual machine. Do I understand correctly?

I have tried. But KVM VGA-Passthrough is not supported intel IGD.
NOTE: AMD RADEON 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx, 2xx and NVIDIA GEFORCE 7, 8, 4xx, 5xx, 6xx, 7xx 9xx have been reported working with this, passing though an intel IGD is not supported YET

Or is it possible?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!