non urgent feature request? Non-GUI installer mode?

fortechitsolutions

Renowned Member
Jun 4, 2008
Hi, just a request for the feature request list. Quite possibly this is a non-starter, but in case it is 'really easy':

It would be fantastic if there were some boot command line options for alternate install config.

specifically, a non-gui (text only) install mode.

I find, in some cases where I'm working on remote KVM the GUI installer is very painfully slow to work with. In contrast text based installers are far less difficult to work with.

Clearly if this is difficult to implement, it will go to the bottom of the request list; I'm sure it is not pressing or high priority. But if it were trivial to implement, it would be nice to have as a non-default install option for ProxVE.

Thanks!

Tim

Hi Tom, sounds good. I wasn't sure if any features were lost via this method you linked (adding ProxVE repos to a clean debian install base) or not.

Definitely not reinventing the wheel is a good thing!

Thanks,
Tim

if you install via Debian, you need to partition by yourself. especially the LVM setup is a bit tricky as the wizard always take the whole space, means you cannot do LVM snapshot backups.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!