Node with question mark

Rebirthz

Jan 13, 2020
I have Proxmox with 5 Server (not cluster)

All Node showing a question mark

Promox Version 7.4.3

1690394783652.png1690394803766.png1690394824026.png

I check in graph it will happen neary time

1690394941881.png

I must have to reset all node to fix this happen

how can I stop this happen

Thanks!

I seen that only in cases where my DNS Server was offline.

So if it's the same issue, check if your dns Server is working correctly.
Dunno if you have a wins Server, but wins probably won't cause any issues if it's broken or not, because wins isn't necessary.

Im not sure if the dns server needs to register dhcp leases. Mine does at least.

However, the only thing that comes into my mind is dns resolution. Check if Proxmox uses the correct dns server also.

Cheers

Anything in the logs regarding pvestatd? Is the service running? It provides the regular checks of the cluster. If question marks show up all over the place, it must be something with it.

Anything in the logs regarding pvestatd? Is the service running? It provides the regular checks of the cluster. If question marks show up all over the place, it must be something with it.

I'm not using cluster.

Today I try to fresh Install new Node then it question mark again

I'm have to use this command to fixed question mark.

service pve-cluster stop service corosync stop service pvestatd stop service pveproxy stop service pvedaemon stop service pve-cluster start service corosync start service pvestatd start service pveproxy start service pvedaemon start

have any solution to fixed this happed ?
I have to restart pvestatd everyday to fixed

Active: active (running) since Tue 2023-08-01 02:15:51 +07; 24h ago Process: 910925 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pvestatd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCE> Main PID: 910926 (pvestatd) Tasks: 1 (limit: 154275) Memory: 84.7M CPU: 4min 57.469s CGroup: /system.slice/pvestatd.service └─910926 pvestatd

No Error in pvestatd

I decided to do a checkup to find out what is happening. I restarted pvestatd and my node started working again.
Before that my node had a question mark and the container that was running also had a question mark. Pretty much everything inside the node had a question mark, meaning each container and item of storage.
How do I found out what is happening?

Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!