Node Shut Down Due to Full HD, Unable to Migrate VMs

yuna.sung

Jun 27, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have some nodes on Proxmox. One of the cluster(pve-lab-2) was almost full, so I added a new cluster(pve-lab-3).
I was trying to migrate some VMs from pve-lab-2 to pve-lab-3, but pve-lab-2 is shut down.
I can't even turn on individual VMs to try to fix this problem.
I thought I could turn on each VM and migrate them, but starting them does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to resolve this issue?

Screenshot 2024-08-08 092544.png

Last edited:
if the node is shutdown, how do you want to migrate guests from it?

Hello,

I need to turn on the pve-lab-2 cluster to migrate some VMs from pve-lab-2 to pve-lab-3. I do not know how to solve this problem. I wanted to delete some VMs to free up space, but this attempt did not work
if the node is shutdown, how do you want to migrate guests from it?

you need to turn the system on for that. if the system doesn't boot, you need to solve that issue first (maybe using a live CD).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!