[SOLVED] node change

informant

Renowned Member
Jan 31, 2012
hi all, i would change a old node to a new. i would use same name and ip adress for node. what are steps to make it.
only delete old node and add new node with same name?
i mean same name make problems on re-add.
any informations about this steps?
thanks and regards

hi,

i would change a old node to a new. i would use same name and ip adress for node. what are steps to make it.
is this node in a cluster?

if it's a cluster member:
* before deleting the node from the cluster you should migrate the guests away to other nodes
* after all the guests are migrated, you can delete the node from the cluster using the GUI or pvecm CLI tool (check out this section in our admin guide [0])
here you should pay attention to:
After removal of the node, its SSH fingerprint will still reside in the known_hosts of the other nodes. If you receive an SSH error after rejoining a node with the same IP or hostname, run pvecm updatecerts once on the re-added node to update its fingerprint cluster wide.
* once the node is deleted, you can reinstall the new PVE version on it and add it back into the cluster

hope this helps!

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_remove_a_cluster_node

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!