no vmdisk in qcow2 format but file .nfs000000000000001e00000002

de Thysebaert

Mar 12, 2017
Hi,
I just discover that one vm machine as no vmdisk in the file format as usual (qcow2) but the file is a file with the following name : .nfs000000000000001e00000002
qm config returne that normally the name must be in qcow2 format but ...there is no qcow2 file.
machine is runing.
whta about this file ? how to solve this ?
I discover this whith a backup failed (backup doesn't find the file)

thx

Hi,
can you provide the configuration for that VM as well as for the storage: `qm config <vmid>` and for storage /etc/pve/storage.cfg

Can you check whats the output of `file your_file_name.ext`?

Okay, so it seems that this file is indeed your VMs qcow file, did you try to delete or move the disk while the VM was running?

Quickly check by which processes the file is opened using `fuser filename` and `ps pids`

The file is openened by a VM .. I have stop this vm ..and the file disapears ... I have retored the machine and now all is functionning

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!