No Ryzen CPU temperature display

ipkpjersi

Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

I have a Ryzen 1700 CPU in a computer with an ASUS STRIX X470-F motherboard. I am running the latest Proxmox 6.2-1 and I am unable to get the CPU temperature to display.

This is all I see, even after running sensors-detect, and even following the fix from here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/ryzen-cpu-temperature.69612/
Ydpu7dz.png

This is not a huge deal, but I'd prefer to be able to monitor the CPU temperature. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Is it the CPU temperature? I thought "PCI adapter" meant it's not the CPU itself that it is monitoring? Is that not the case? I'm not really sure how this works.

Is it the CPU temperature? I thought "PCI adapter" meant it's not the CPU itself that it is monitoring? Is that not the case? I'm not really sure how this works.

temp1 is your cpu temp, can be seen by 95°C high and 105°C crit which equals to ryzen temp limits.

You can change it to make it more clear, should be something like:
Code:
cat << 'EOF' > /etc/sensors.d/ryzen
chip "nouveau-pci-0500"
    label temp1 "CPU Temp"
EOF

temp1 is your cpu temp, can be seen by 95°C high and 105°C crit which equals to ryzen temp limits.

You can change it to make it more clear, should be something like:
Code:
cat << 'EOF' > /etc/sensors.d/ryzen
chip "nouveau-pci-0500"
    label temp1 "CPU Temp"
EOF
But above temp1 it says GPU core voltage, how do we know that's not a GPU temperature? I do have a GT710 X4 GPU in the system.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!