[SOLVED] No quorum all 3 nodes

bensode

Jan 9, 2019
Harrisburg, PA
We seemed to have lost quorom on all three nodes running 6.0.5 overnight! The guests are running, ceph storage is available but now each node thinks the other two are offline. I'm unable to move guests, backup, restore or make config changes because I get permission denied. How can I rescue the VMs?
upload_2019-8-7_8-32-22.png

upload_2019-8-7_8-30-33.png
upload_2019-8-7_8-31-5.png

upload_2019-8-7_8-29-58.png

upload_2019-8-7_8-29-33.png

check the journal for possible reasons - most likely it will come from corosync and pve-cluster:
* `journalctl -u corosync -u pve-cluster`

* maybe restarting corosync on all nodes could help...

hope this helps!

Reactions: bensode
Thank you! restarting corosync brought up 2 of the three hosts back into the cluster and gave quorum. I'm able to move guests disks out of the ceph cluster and backup guests while we troubleshoot the hardware issue on the third node.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!