no Network, interface have no MAC

galaxyhiker

Apr 22, 2024
Hello everyone,
since this weekend, I can no longer access the Proxmox WebGUI, neither on the host nor on the VMs.
The interface eno1 is down, when attempting "ip link set dev eno1 up," I receive the error message "RENETLINK answer: Cannot assign requested address.".
I also try to change the ether in /etc/network/interface per "hwaddress ether 11:22:33:44:55:66" in eno1 and vmbr0
Local from the PVE machin i can ping to the VMs.

Have someone maybe a Idee what can i do,

General Information:
System:Thinksystem ST550
Networkcard: Intel X722

/etc/networks/interfaces
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    adress 192.168.125.xxx/24
    gateway 192.168.125.xxx
    bridge-ports eno1
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

iface eno2 inet manuel

ip link show eno1
Code:
2: eno1: <BRODCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    altname enp90s0f0

UPDATE 23.04:
withe a USB Adapter Netwerk works. My guess is a defect in the network card.

Last edited:
After some firmware updates, the graphics card is now correctly recognized, but unfortunately, still no interface is being displayed.

I'm currently using the USB adapter and can connect to Proxmox. However, the VMs have no network connection. It was working with the USB adapter yesterday. I'm slightly annoyed (at the server and myself). I haven't changed anything since then

Updates were applied midweek, and everything ran smoothly afterward.
I restarted the VMs, and they were able to connect again. The network card seemed to be defective; I also informed the seller and, after reviewing some logs, they agreed that the network card was indeed faulty and sent us a replacement.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!