No Network Interface found!

jeepingviini

Aug 6, 2017
Hello, I'm trying to install Proxmox VE 5.0 on old desktop (Dell Precision T1500) and I keep getting the error that there is No Network Interfacefound I have checked that internet connections is working with CentOS and Windows. I am using the built in port on the machine and there is not other NICs available.
Help would be welcome :)
(Sorry if my english is bad!)

Problem seems to be with Proxmox VE 5.0, I just tried installing 4.4 and its seems to be installing fine.

Hello,

Same problem here with Proxmox 5.1. I'm reinstalling a working proxmox server at version 5.1 previously installed on 4.x. I had to install pve 4.4 and then upgrade it to 5.1. Working fine now. Problem is definitively related with the new installer. Network interface is intel bcm57788 (on dell vostro desktop).

The problem could that the installer's initramfs may not have the relevant kernel module for the network card, while the full os package has it. :confused:

Sorry about thread necromancy but...

I just had the same problem with a Dell Vostro using the same ethernet interface type. I solved it by installing with another ethernet card then manually editing my network config:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp2s0 inet manual
#iface enp1s0f0 inet manual <-- temporary NIC

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.100.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.100.1
bridge_ports enp2s0
# bridge_ports enp1s0f0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

Hope this helps someone

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!