[SOLVED] No network connection

wheelie55

Apr 1, 2020
This is my first time trying proxmox.
I'm having some trouble getting my server to connect to my network. I have installed the latest version of proxmox from a USB following the wiki. Essentially the problem is that the box thinks it's not connected to anything. DHCP does not work and manually assigning an IP also does not work. Ping on the internal network and the external internet do not get resolved (destination host unreachable ). I have included a screenshot of the command
Code:
ip addr
What i have tried:
- change cable
- change nic (the motherboard has two onboard 10 Gb nics)
- change port on the switch
- change switch
- try another operating system (with freenas it works perfectly)
- google

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• iKVM_capture.jpg
    iKVM_capture.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 1,161
Hey aaron thanks for the reply.
Here you go.
It appears like they are not showing up? could it be a driver issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot at Apr 01 12-07-36.png
    Screenshot at Apr 01 12-07-36.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,462
The vmbr0 is configured to use eno4 as it's physical interface. According to the ip addr output from before, you had the cable plugged in to eno3. Try switching the cable back to the other NIC and reboot. If you run ip addr then, you should see eno3 with the NO-CARRIER and en04 and vmbr0 without it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!