No mount point specified

Pohjolam

Aug 22, 2023
Been trying to make a proxmox server for a while now with a Dell PowerEdge but keep getting this error (failed to read/uncompressed file /target/use/lib/python3.11/re/__pychache__/_parser.cpython-311.pyc). It say that no mount point was specified. I’ve never used proxmox so I don’t understand what to do to fix this. Any suggestions?

Been trying to make a proxmox server for a while now with a Dell PowerEdge but keep getting this error (failed to read/uncompressed file /target/use/lib/python3.11/re/__pychache__/_parser.cpython-311.pyc). It say that no mount point was specified. I’ve never used proxmox so I don’t understand what to do to fix this. Any suggestions?
Hi,
please provide more details in order for us to help. When do you get this error? Is this during installation? Do you try to install PBS bare metal or is this inside a VM?

This is an error that repetitively occurs while I’m installing the os onto the power edge. While installing it makes to the 3% installation mark before failing to install.

This is an error that repetitively occurs while I’m installing the os onto the power edge. While installing it makes to the 3% installation mark before failing to install.
In that case as a first step please check the integrity of your downloaded installer iso by checking against the checksum and if that is okay try to use a different usb stick. The error states that there is a read/uncompress error, which indicates an issue with either the source files being corrupt or the files being corrupted when written on disk before extraction.
It say that no mount point was specified
Also share the exact/full error message if it persists after following above suggestions.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!