No more updates for spamassassin via the official update channel

tom666-debug

Mar 18, 2023
Hi,

since almost 2 weeks now I am not receiving any updates for spamassassin via the official update channel (updates.spammassassin.org).

Screenshot 2023-03-18 081942.png

Is it just me? Did I missed something?
Any hint for how to further troubleshoot or fix this, would be much appreciated.

BR, Tom

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-18 081248.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-18 081248.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2023-03-18 081248.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-18 081248.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 3
Hello all,
I am facing similar issue now. I have no updates since 2.sep.
1695715012902.png

Moreover, DNS record updates.spamassassin.org points to nowhere:
1695715074045.png

Does anyone have the same problem?

Regards
Igor

Moreover, DNS record updates.spamassassin.org points to nowhere:
not quite - you need to lookup the TXT record (not A) with the inverted version in front:
`drill txt 0.0.4.updates.spamassassin.org`

not sure if I understand the above explanation correctly.

Anyway, for me spamassassin is the key component of PMG - is there anywhing we could do as a workaround in the meantime?
Is this behavior the same for PMG v7.x and 8.x?

thx and best regards,
Tom

Anyway, for me spamassassin is the key component of PMG - is there anywhing we could do as a workaround in the meantime?
There are simply no updates since a while - in my experience the detection still works quite solidly - so not sure what you want to change?

Is this behavior the same for PMG v7.x and 8.x?
no - both ship with the same version of SpamAssassin - and apart from that there have been no updates for older versions either

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!