No more terminal access after qm start ?

derp

May 30, 2017
Hello,

simple problem, once i start a VM using "qm start" the terminal is stuck and i can't access it anymore.
Some more details, i'm using windows 7 VMs with gpu passthrough and also usb keyboard passthrough, i already tried adding another keyboard but to no avail.

Thanks.

Hello,

simple problem, once i start a VM using "qm start" the terminal is stuck and i can't access it anymore.
Some more details, i'm using windows 7 VMs with gpu passthrough and also usb keyboard passthrough, i already tried adding another keyboard but to no avail.

Thanks.

Is the entire machine frozen? Is the Windows VM/your other VMS still running?

Yes, otherwise everything works fine, but even when stopping all my VMs i can never get the proxmox image back, tried unpluging and pluging back DVI port too but that already isn't working without the gpu passthrough issue, I just can't get proxmox basic text terminal vision back if i don't start on it. I tried using other display ports already.
Though the cursor keeps blinking once i start my VMs with gpu passthrough, it's just stuck after the command "qm start 100".

Yes, otherwise everything works fine, but even when stopping all my VMs i can never get the proxmox image back, tried unpluging and pluging back DVI port too but that already isn't working without the gpu passthrough issue, I just can't get proxmox basic text terminal vision back if i don't start on it. I tried using other display ports already.
Though the cursor keeps blinking once i start my VMs with gpu passthrough, it's just stuck after the command "qm start 100".

So even the Windows VM that you are starting works? It sounds like it is failing to start (or something similar). You've tried all of the normal shell escapes (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-D)?

Yes, i have tried all those keyboard command, also tried switching to another terminal with ctrl alt F1, F2, etc. All this with the second keyboard not USB passed to any VM, cursor keeps blinking. As soon as i start a VM with the line "hostpci0: 01:00,x-vga=on" it's over, and even when stopping the vm it doesn't come back.

Yes, i have tried all those keyboard command, also tried switching to another terminal with ctrl alt F1, F2, etc. All this with the second keyboard not USB passed to any VM, cursor keeps blinking. As soon as i start a VM with the line "hostpci0: 01:00,x-vga=on" it's over, and even when stopping the vm it doesn't come back.

And you are stopping the VM with the web interface? Is the VM completely working throughout?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!