No internet on host after hardware change

alex01763

Feb 28, 2023
I reorganized my Gpu slot and the server suddenly lost connection to the internet. I tried looking at the ip addr and etc/network/interfaces but I have no idea what I'm looking at. I didn't have to touch any of this stuff until now. Can anyone help me? Did I set anything wrong?

IMG_20231102_022909.jpg
IMG_20231102_022915.jpg

enp2s0 is your physical NIC and it says NO-CARRIER and DOWN, are you sure there is a cable plugged into it and does it have link light?

But if you change the slot of your NIC, I think maybe the "enp2s0" name might change? Try something like "sudo dmesg -T | grep -3 enp2s0"

enp2s0 is your physical NIC and it says NO-CARRIER and DOWN, are you sure there is a cable plugged into it and does it have link light?

But if you change the slot of your NIC, I think maybe the "enp2s0" name might change? Try something like "sudo dmesg -T | grep -3 enp2s0"

After about an hour I posted this suddenly it went back online, and all my notifications from my cronjob came to me at once. I don't have a nic, it's just an old pc with a h310m board, but after reading your comment, I think the ethernet port might have gone too old. Thanks for the advice!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!