No internet connection on new proxmox server

alvogel122

Feb 2, 2023
Hello,

I am a complete newbie to both proxmox and linux. I've set up my server to the best of my abilities but when trying to download templates I noticed I have no connection to the internet. Ive tried troubleshooting by changing the ip and gateway with no luck. I've new hardware all around the board but no luck there either. This pc used to run windows using the same cable, switch, and motherboard and was able to connect to the internet. This leads me to believe there's a problem on the software side of things. I've attached pictures of both my ip addr and cat /etc/network/interfaces

Any help with resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• cat.PNG
    cat.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ip addr.PNG
    ip addr.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi, can you ping an IP address like 8.8.8.8, which is Google DNS?
If so, you may have an DNS issue.

Just saw that you have a 192.168.0.0/24 address on your nic - vmbr0. This should be an address Like 192.168.0.200/24

Last edited:
It should be that way for example and not address 192.168.0.0/24 :

Code:
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.200/24
        gateway 192.168.0.2
        bridge-ports enp3s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0

Last edited:
It should be that way for example and not address 192.168.0.0/24

Code:
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.200/24
        gateway 192.168.0.2
        bridge-ports enp3s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
I’ll give this a try when I get a chance, thanks for your help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!