No internet access for VM's after switching NIC

jlafuenti

May 12, 2021
Hello. I've tried looking through these forums and haven't found an answer to my issue.
I recently had to switch which NIC I was using for my proxmox. After I reconfigured proxmox I was able to access the WebUI, however the VM's are not working as expected.
I have a windows VM and an Ubuntu VM. The Windows VM is able to get an IP address via DHCP, which is handled by my default gateway. The Ubuntu VM has an IP address statically assigned. Both VM's can ping the IP address of the proxmox node. Both can ping eachother. However neither can ping anything off of the proxmox node (not even my other node within the same subnet) and neither can ping the default gateway. This issue showed up immediately after changing the NIC, so I assume it's something I missed with the configuration.
Here is my Proxmox configuration. enp7s0 is the new NIC.

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp7s0 inet manual

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
address 192.168.50.110/24
gateway 192.168.50.1
bridge-ports enp7s0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

I don't know what other information to include that could be helpful. I did power off all network devices and then bring them back up in case it was something getting held onto. I also switched ports on the switch it was connected to in case there was some MAC address locking. Neither of these did any change

Hi, what is the output of
Code:
ip -c a
Generally, I'd suggest using something like tcpdump -envi vmbr1 "icmp" (also on other interfaces) to see where your packages do not pass as planned.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!