No HDD Spindown when using more then 3 Devices (1 SSD / 2 HDD)

subsee

Feb 25, 2023
Hey All,

today I installed my second Hard Drive in my Homeserver.

Just some Informations:

ProxmoxOS is installed on a SSD / SDA
My Data Drive is a Toshiba Enterprise / SDB ( Just my Fotos / Videos etc. so nothing used from Proxmox itself. Spindown works perfect after I set it up with HDPARM)

Now I installed my Second Hard Disk , a WD RED White Label 10TB. After I installed this disk , I cannot longer spin down my first Drive. I checked if its the right one ;)

I did not make any changes in the "lvm.conf" yet. I did that in the past , to be able to spin down the disk without restarting by the pve-service.

So the problem is , that it is simply not possible to issue a standby command to the Harddisks after I installed the 3 Drive (2nd Harddrive)

Someone got an idea what could cause this issue ?

As I said, there is no image from a VM or CT on the Harddisks. These are just for Filesharing via AFP,SMB etc.

regards

Marcus

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!