no guest agent configured

wbravin

Sep 7, 2022
Hello all

I do not know what I did when Re installing proxmox 7.2.1 and the 2 vms that i have (opnsense and home assistant os)

Now all my VMS have the same error when looking at the summary of the VM.

Both VMs do not have an IP address and the have a no guest agent configured message .

Is there a way to edit the vm to solve there 2 issues?

or

Do I need to remove them and start over? I wound prefer avoiding this second option

Please not that I dyslexic and the less i do in the terminal the better

Thank you for any assistant provided

In the mean time may i wish you all happy holidays and better beginning

Did you enable the guest agent in the VM options?
Did you install the guest agent inside the VMs?

Thank you Mira for your quick reply

Yes I did. In the last few I ago i went into the vm ..>>> options and i saw that the the GEMU option was disabled. I highlighted it and change itt to enable and rebooted both the vm and for good measure proxmox and now both vms work as they should (fore the limited configuration i have made). I still need to buy a HBA and 3 6 TB HD and load truenas before i fully migrate to the proxmox server.

Once this is done i will mover all may data to this server and the rebuild my super-micro server with proxmox and duplicate all i have on the the dell.

It's a learning curve for me

Once again thank you for taking the time to respond and your help

Happy holidays and all the best for the new year

Glad it is working now!

It can be quite confusing in the beginning with all the options and where to set them.
For questions there's really no better place than the forum here, so ask away whenever you have questions. :)

Happy holidays and all the best for the new year
Thank you, all the best to you as well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!