No connect iscsi LUN

CAHEKs

Nov 2, 2017
I try to connect LUN from QNAP storage using no auth iscsi, but have error. What this mean? PVE 6-3-2
1606731621710.png

yes, it seems that is a bug, would you like to open one on https://bugzilla.proxmox.com ?

edit:

for now you should be able to add that storage directly with 'pvesm add' (see man pvesm)

Last edited:
yes, it seems that is a bug, would you like to open one on https://bugzilla.proxmox.com ?

edit:

for now you should be able to add that storage directly with 'pvesm add' (see man pvesm)
I try add iscsi: mynas to file /etc/pve/storage.cfg but it not working (status unknown)
But if I write iscsidirect: mynas It works!

Same works manual connecting: iscsiadm -m node -l -T iqn.2011-09.example:data

Hello,

I ran into the same problem while trying to add a new iscsi storage to my cluster after upgrading to 6.3.2.

I found the command to add a new storage via CLI:

Code:
# Retrieve target
pvesm scan <PortalHostName>
# Add storage
pvesm add iscsi <youriD> --portal <PortalHostName> --target <target name>

But i do not find the option that correspond to the check box "Use LUNs directly" that I want to uncheck.

First creating the storage and trying to edit it via the gui also throw ugly error:

update storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: no such option 'prune-backups' (500)

Any hint for the magic flag / command that would do the trick would be greatly appreciated :) ?

Thanks in advance

If it might help someone:

Code:
pvesm add iscsi <youriD> --portal <PortalHostName> --target <target name> --content none

You can then simply create your volume group:

Code:
# Retrieve mounted path
lsblk
# Create physical volume and corresponding volume group
pvcreate /dev/sdb
vgcreate sandisk /dev/sdb

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!