No audio through Spice

Ligan

Sep 16, 2021
Hi,

I'm new to the whole virtualization thing and trying to get sound working. I believe to do that I need to use Spice to view the desktops of the VMS.

I've downloaded and installed Spice and I can connect just fine but no audio. I've tried all 3 of the audio hardware options and none of them work, I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.

Sorry to add another quick question on, is it ever possible to run 2 monitors for a VM? It's only got 1 connected to the host but the one I'm viewing it from has 2.

Bios : Default (SeaBIOS)
Display : SPICE (QXL)
Machine : Default i440fx
SCSI Controller : VirtlO SCSI

motherboard is a B560m ITX which uses Realtek ALC897 Audio Codec also has an Intel I3 10100 cpu if that makes any difference

Thank you

I am, so there's been 3 versions of the client all with broken sound?! Mad.

I'll see if I can grab an older version or are there any other clients I can use?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!