No access to one of cluster nodes using port forwarding

alekse!

Jan 22, 2021
I have a cluster with two PVE nodes inside local network. I'm trying to set up access to PVE using port forwarding. Inside local network everything works fine as well as through VPN. From outside it only works to first PVE but the second one is unreachable. They have common firewall rules of a cluster and no individual rules. Hosts has two network links both: one is local, another is external. It's like second PVE drops everything on it's local interface that comes not from local network. And it's CTs also have no access using port forwarding, only form external ethernet connection. I'm sure that port forwarding is set up correctly: I could change port forwarding address to another PVE server's address and have access in no time. One thing is different between nodes: the problem one is originally PBS with PVE installed on top of it's Debian. I've spent several hour trying to figure out what's wrong and still have no idea. What it could be?

Problem solved: there was no default route on that node somehow. Needed to type ip route add default via 192.168.0.1 dev vmbr0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!