No access to GUI

kowilliams

May 26, 2023
I am using VirtualBox to install Proxmox. Unfortunately, I am not able to access the GUI, the web-based interface using the assigned server address given to me. I got this error message on Google Chrome: This site can’t be reached. 192.168.100.2 took too long to respond. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

I don't know what to do. I:

1. tried to ping the IP address, but no response because the connection has timed out
2. reinstalled Proxmox
3. set the DNS server to localhost
4. I didn't touch the IP addresses above that one

Furthermore, before installing Proxmox, a got this error: no support for KVM virtualization detected check bios setting intel vt adm-v SVM.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, before installing Proxmox, a got this error: no support for KVM virtualization detected check bios setting intel vt adm-v SVM.
See nested virtualization:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Nested_Virtualization
192.168.100.2 took too long to respond. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.
You can only communicate with a host that is part of your subnet, unless you set up some NAT/routing. If you don't access it with a client that got a IP of 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.100.3 to 192.168.100.254 it won't work.

There is also an option in Virtualbox you set to set, or guests won't he reachable, but I can't remember the thread explaining it.

Last edited:
Not enabling (or supporting?) nested virtualization is a VirtualBox setting (or issue?). Make sure to setup the virtual network configuration in VirtualBox in the right way to allow netwotk traffic from outside to reach the VM with Proxmox. I have next to no experience with VirtualBox, sorry.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!