No access to GUI after upgrade to version 5

s1eepy

Aug 20, 2017
Hi, I have upgraded to version 5 using apt commands.
I can see pve booting using stretch now, am able to ssh to master node, but cannot connect to gui.
I am trying to access thru https, I have disabled firewall, tried to read all similar posts, but nothing.

Any clue?

Hi!

I have the same. I'm using CEPH-storge.
The problem resolved - ceph-monitors do not start after reboot nodes for start new kernel.
After manually launching monitors in the command line (via ssh), the access to web-gui resumed.

Maybe is the same situation?

Best regards,
Gosha

Last edited:
Hi,

I can see pve booting using stretch now, am able to ssh to master node, but cannot connect to gui.
I am trying to access thru https, I have disabled firewall, tried to read all similar posts, but nothing.
please check if ceph is starting again. we had some troubles that e.g. only 4 osds are online but not the holy 10.
the problem was: ceph was not correctly started after reboot, the gui are down. after ceph started successfully (and service was "enabled"), the gui are back and everything is ok. after reboot twice everything is perfect.

please check if ceph are starting correctly and check if there is any problem?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Hi, thanks for your comments & help. I found out that ceph was not starting.
Somewhat my fault since I forgot to add the luminous repository.
After adding it and performing the apt commands, ceph still not starting.

I am facing this issue:
Code:
root@pve:~# ceph -s
2017-08-22 21:20:27.860755 7fcfe73f7700 -1 Errors while parsing config file!
2017-08-22 21:20:27.860757 7fcfe73f7700 -1 parse_file: cannot open /etc/ceph/ceph.conf: (2) No such file or directory
2017-08-22 21:20:27.860757 7fcfe73f7700 -1 parse_file: cannot open ~/.ceph/ceph.conf: (2) No such file or directory
2017-08-22 21:20:27.860758 7fcfe73f7700 -1 parse_file: cannot open ceph.conf: (2) No such file or directory
Error initializing cluster client: ObjectNotFound('error calling conf_read_file',)

Anything I could do to fix this?
I am using proxmox in a single node (Intel NUC), with a couple of VM/LXC running on it.

thanks

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!