No Access to 3ware 3dm2 configuration page

Hi,

I am also waiting until lsi fixes their problem. See:
http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle16625.aspx

And read down to

Addendum(02/03/2012):
The latest update to FireFox, version 10.0, also patches for the SSL/TLS protocol. This results in the inability to access 3DM2. If you chose not to uninstall the the KB 2585542, then you will need to use a version of Firefox previous to version 10.

Binary files to patch 3DM2 are under evaluation, and an updated version of 3DM2 will be released soon.

Hope it helps,

Hi,

I am also waiting until lsi fixes their problem. See:
http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle16625.aspx

And read down to

Hope it helps,

I booted Win 7 and used IE and it worked fine. But when I pushed the button to test the mail notification, the error of disconnection occured again and I'm not able to get any connection to the configuration frontend anymore. :(

So I am wondering if i would ever have the possibility to configure my raid controller again. :confused:

You should still be abled to use the 3dm2 CLI locally, not as nice but it works.
It's a known and awkward issue I ran into too.

You should still be abled to use the 3dm2 CLI locally, not as nice but it works. It's a known and awkward issue I ran into too.
But locally I have no graphic Interface installed, so I also don't have a Browser to run. The CLI command line tool is still working, but I can't configure mail notification etc. there.

We run some Debian based mail filters (CanIT) and have experienced the same issues on both our servers with 3Ware 9560-2LP cards.

hwraid.le-vert.net has a good wiki about using various RAID controllers under Debian/Ubuntu and these people have DEB-packaged various of the proprio management tools like tw-cli (LSI 3Ware) or megacli (LSI MegaRAID) which are often only available as RPMs or have to be installed painfully by hands.

I do use their 'megaraidsas-status' which is a wrapper around megacli. It regularly checks the state of our LSI-based PERC controller.
In case of an error it sends a mail to root by default. megaraidsas-status seems to be very similar to what 3ware-status can do.

You can either change the mail by a parameter in the init-script (which is the actual wrapper) or editing /etc/aliases and send root mail to a remote
mailbox and then execute 'newaliases'. See: http://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/3Ware#a3.2.3ware-status

For me this little wrapper has spared me the pain of installing the LSI MSM which is a huge piece of software for simply monitoring a RAID status. :)

3dm2 still has an important issue here. we can access the configuration page with konqueror . However the email notification test crashes 3dm2 . 3dm2 may not send an email regarding a failed disk etc..

for now to get notified of issues we do this 4x per hour from cron.d.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# not all systems have lspci .  vz's and some kvm.  all our proxmox hosts have lspci.  
[ ! -f /usr/bin/lspci ] && exit 0

# check if card installed  otherwise exit no err
lspci | grep 3ware > /dev/null || exit 0

GREPSTRING="Error|error|ERROR|WARNING|warning|FAILED"

tw_cli show events  | egrep $GREPSTRING

Is anyone else having issues getting 3ware error / warning mails? [ I know this is not a pve issue ... ]

Hi,
sorry to revive an old thread but this might help: there is a know bug with 3dm2 and smtp settings: you can not use a smtp hostname. Use instead the smtp IP address and voilà !

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!