no access from web ui nor ssh

bensz

Dec 13, 2020
Hello,
I didn't used the web interface for months as everything works fined.
Yesterday I wanted to change parameters on one of my VM, but the webui doesn't reply. The ssh connection doesn't work anymore.
I went on the server and I reboot it. Everything seems fine, but I have no access anymore.
If I try nmap on the server, the port 8006 is open for wpl-analytics service but from another computer, the server doesn't reply.
I have internet access on the server so everything is fine for this.
I searched on internet for solution but I don't understand the problem.

pveversion is 7.4-15 kernel 5.15.107-2-pve

Thanks for help
Benoit

Benoit,

I am having a similar problem, have you found any solution as yet?

Stuart

Hello, are systemctl status pvedaemon.service and systemctl status pveproxy.service on your server displaying any problems?

How are you connecting to the server? Using the explicit ip address or a hostname? The later might break due to factors unrelated to Proxmox VE itself.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
The 2 services are running without problems.
To connect I use explicit IP. I'm in the same subnetwork, and there's only a switch between me and the server.
Thanks
Benoit

Just to be clear, does your server list the correct ip address at /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/hosts?

/etc/network/interfaces

auto eno1
iface eno1 inet manual

auto eno2
iface eno2 inet static
address 192.168.4.201/24

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.4.200/24
gateway 192.168.4.1
bridge-ports eno1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.4.200 lucky.zelec.lan lucky

Thanks
Benoit

I would try removing the IP configuration for eno2 (i.e. replacing the three lines with just iface eno2 inet manual), then running ifreload -a on the server and see if the situation improves.

I don't understand why, but that works fine now. I didn't change anything.
Now I have a problem with LV which failed to activate.
I'll start a new post
Thanks for help
Benoit

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!