[SOLVED] no ACCEPT events in firewall log?

chr1s

Sep 9, 2020
I'm new to Proxmox Firewall and I'm a bit confused of the log behaviour on my test cluster.

I have enabled firewall on all levels (datacenter, host, vm) and have set the log level for all firewall related options in the PVE UI to the highest level (debug).
However, I'm only seeing `DROP` events in the firewall log, and no i.e. `ACCEPT` events.

Is this intended behaviour or did I misconfigure something?

thanks a lot for the fast response, much appreciated!

> This is intended
Just as a side note (not sure if this is the right place, apologies if not, I'm also new to the Proxmox community):
I think it would be really beneficial to see all kind of iptables actions on high log levels. For example, I just wanted to verify that a specific connection was ACCEPTed because of the rule that I've set in the PVE firewall (and not because of a iptables NAT command in the `post up` of the interface config) - without having to temporarily reverse the firewall rule to DENY just to see a log message appearing.

Reactions: Exio

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!