Nginx with several sub-domaine and SSL conf.

Trigger00

Nov 6, 2018
Hi all,

It's my first thread wo i will try to do my best :)

I have a Proxmox PVE 5.2 installed in my own server, I have configured several CT in order to isolate each services ( one wordpress, seedbox, plex, owncloud ...)

My question is: Currently i use only one SSL certificate (installed in the Proxmox machine) and all Nginx configuration looks like:

Code:
##
# cloud (port 80/443 sur 192.168.1.102)
##
server {
    listen 80;

server_name cloud.mydomain.fr;

## Redirige le HTTP vers le HTTPS ##
    return 301 $server_name$request_uri;

location / {
        proxy_pass 192.168.1.102:80/owncloud;
    }
}

server {

# SSL configuration

listen 443 ssl http2;
    include snippets/ssl-params.conf;

root /var/www;

server_name cloud.mydomain.fr;

ssl on;
    ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.fr/fullchain.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomain.fr/privkey.pem;

access_log /var/log/nginx/cloud-access.log;
    error_log /var/log/nginx/cloud-error.log;

location / {
        proxy_pass 192.168.1.102:443/owncloud;
    }
}

But for once I have also to configure Nginx in the CT, so where I have to set certificates path ? In Proxmox side or CT side ?

Sorry if i'm clear! Feel to ask if needed :)

[EDIT]: New users aren't allowed to post external links, for anti-spam measurement reasons. So i have remove h t t p:// before all proxy/return keyword :)

Thank you.
Trigger

But for once I have also to configure Nginx in the CT, so where I have to set certificates path ? In Proxmox side or CT side ?
As you said it yourself, to isolate services, any configuration for a service in a CT has to be done also in the CT.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!