[SOLVED] NFS Storage issue

Matthew18_

Apr 3, 2019
Hi,

I am trying to add a NFS storage using a shared folder from a Windows server, I've created everything accordingly giving anonymous users access to Read/Write, but when I try to connect from the ProxMox GUI it always gives me this error:

Code:
create storage failed: error with cfs lock 'file-storage_cfg': mkdir /mnt/pve/Backup/images: Input/output error at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 940. (500)

Does anyone have any clue on how to solve this?

Best regards

(P.S.: My apologies if this is not the right section, I didn't actually found any support section where to post this kind of issue, the "International Support" forum actually isn't international, it's German.)

Maybe a permission problem with the NFS server. Is root allowed to access the server?

I have allowed "no_root_squash" on the share options, as I saw someone else having the same issue here on the forums and they said that would've helped, but it actually didn't, it's still giving me that error.

Best regards

I just restarted the NFS Sharing and it worked out right away, maybe it just needed to update the permissions and it wasn't doing that automatically, anyhow, all good now, thanks for your time!

Best regards

A similar error usually happens when you already have an external drive mounted onto /mnt folder directly instead of subfolder like /mnt/externaldrivemounted

So perhaps check lsblk to see all mount points and umount /dev/sdeX to unmount the external drive mounted perhaps as /dev/sdeX, then try disable the storage on GUI and enable it again Datacenter -> storage (untick enable, save and tick enable and save)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!