NFS storage 'is not online'

Rodrigo Santin

Dec 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,

We're facing a problem with our nfs storage.

We have 3 identical HP servers with Proxmox VE 5.1-35 installed just a couple weeks ago using two nfs storages (netapp), one storage with ISOS and VMs and the other to store backups.

Two of then are working wonders but the third one is having problems with the storages. At web interface, we are seeing the messages below three or four times per hour:

h02 pvestatd[1355]: storage 'backup' is not online
h02 pvestatd[1355]: storage 'ISOS' is not online
h02 pvestatd[1355]: storage 'VMs' is not online

Although receiving these messages, seems like the storage access is working. Connecting into the server by ssh, we could read and write data in the mounted directories /mnt/pve/backup, /mnt/pve/VMs and /mnt/pve/ISOS and the VMs keep running.

Using the command showmount -e ip-stg, it is possible to see the storage volumes.

We tried to increase the NFS timeout in the file /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/NFSPlugin.pm without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo

I would be checking and double checking all networking components of the troublesome box... hardware and software.

Reactions: latosec
I would be checking and double checking all networking components of the troublesome box... hardware and software.

Thank you for your fast answer but I´ve already done that several times. I´ve changed cables, switch ports, checked the switch configuration and everything looks fine to me.

I´ll keep trying.

Rodrigo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!