[SOLVED] NFS server in LXC

The steps here to get it to work should be considered obsolete; you can just use a debian 12 ct and enable the nesting and nfs features of the ct then install nfs-kernel-server as usual as well as your other services. I had re-done my ct a while back with that method (debian 12 ct, nesting, nfs on proxmox 8) and I did not have to do any fiddling with other files.
Thank you for the original and these new instructions.

After reading this thread, I wonder if it's worth the hassle to configure an LXC container to share ZFS datasets from the host via Samba and NFS rather than sharing from the host directly?
I think you are 100% correct, unless you use nfs-ganesha you are probably worse off by using a container because you are providing a server that ties in to your kernel on the host so all "benefits" of containers/vms go out the window.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!