NFS mount for Qnap

Fossi

Mar 5, 2019
Hello Forum,

It's my first question here and I'm not native English speaker, so please excuse my mistakes.

Yesterday I'got some time to make updates to a few maschines, so to my proxmox-host and my qnap-nas.
I mounted a NFS Share on the proxmox (5.3.11) to the NAS to bring there some backups (dumps). Everything works fine - weekly dumps works automatically since a few month.

But from today I can't mount the NFS-Share anymore. I reconfigures the share on the Qnap, I restartet the qnap und I tried some times to bring it up on the proxmox. But I got this error :

create storage failed: error with cfs lock 'file-storage_cfg': mount error: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting x.x.x.x:/backup (500)

But the mount works fine before and the IP from the proxmox has r/w rights to the share.

So thanks for a little help. Perhaps is something from nfs.3 nfs.4 but both, qnap and promox don't show something, where I can step in.

VG Fossi

i think your problem is qnap side....
have you try to reconfigure ip access??
Have you free space??
Try to install last firmware??
you can try disable nfs 4 ....
in last week i have related problem with qnap and nfs mount on linux, after update firmware and reconfigure NFS all restart to work....

Last edited:
I have reconfigured the ip access completly new - without any success.

Ichecked it now: the nfs4 checkbox on qnap is not activated. so that should not the challenge.

Could it be the special nfs export format from qnap? the links are configured without the first slash 192.168.0.1:backup. Till now it was no problem for proxmox. but the scroll down menu from the export box shows the shares with the slash /backup. If I took the slash away, i got an error. Where can I configure the mounts on the proxmox manually?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!