[SOLVED] NFS error

daruom13

Aug 1, 2020
s
Hello,

I deleted a storage from the web interface.
Since then, on one of the servers in the cluster, I have an error every second :
Code:
Nov 09 10:29:44 pve04 kernel: nfs: server ftpback-rbx6***** not responding, timed out

The hypervisor, VMs and storage appear with a "?".
But I still have access to their configuration.

hpv.PNG

In storage.cfg, it does not appear.

storage.PNG

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi,
removing a storage from the configuration does just that and doesn't "clean up". I guess the NFS server is probably still mounted on the node. Use umount -f -l /mnt/pve/<storage name of NFS> to unmount it.

Hi,
removing a storage from the configuration does just that and doesn't "clean up". I guess the NFS server is probably still mounted on the node. Use umount -f -l /mnt/pve/<storage name of NFS> to unmount it.
Hello and thank you for your answer,

I performed the command, but the folder still appears in / mnt / pve / NFS_NAME.
The error is also present.
Should we restart the hypervisor?

Hello and thank you for your answer,

I performed the command, but the folder still appears in / mnt / pve / NFS_NAME.
The error is also present.
Can you check with findmnt if it's still mounted or if there is another NFS?

Should we restart the hypervisor?
If nothing else helps.

Can you check with findmnt if it's still mounted or if there is another NFS?

If nothing else helps.
In the "problematic" server, the findmnt command does not return anything in particular :
findmnt 4.PNG

On the other hand, on the 3 other hypervisors, the storage seems to be present.
However, they were deleted through the web interface and do not appear :
findmnt 3.PNG
gui storage.PNG

As this is a production server, I cannot restart until this evening (French time).
In addition, it blocks the migration and backup of the VMs that are on this server.
Is there a particular risk that can intervene and block the restart (as the error speaks of kernel) ?

In addition, it blocks the migration and backup of the VMs that are on this server.
That's strange as the storage is not configured anymore. Could you share the exact error and task log? Please also share the output of pveversion -v.

Is there a particular risk that can intervene and block the restart (as the error speaks of kernel) ?
I wouldn't think so, it's just that the NFS client runs within the kernel.

Reactions: daruom13
That's strange as the storage is not configured anymore. Could you share the exact error and task log? Please also share the output of pveversion -v.

Hello @Fabian_E ,

sorry to answer that now.
with the command pveversion -v, I noticed a difference in version on the kernel.
After updating the second server, I was able to migrate the VMs.
I was then able to restart the problematic hypervisor safely and it worked again normally.

Thanks again.

is possible to restart it (nfs) without reboot system?
I try umount and vzdump --stop but after a seconds mounted automatically

Last edited:
Hi,
is possible to restart it (nfs) without reboot system?
I try umount and vzdump --stop but after a seconds mounted automatically
yes, Proxmox VE will mount it when it activates the storage. You need to disable the storage with pvesm set <storage ID> --disable to avoid that. Then unmount, restart the NFS server and activate the storage again with pvesm set <storage ID> --delete disable.

Reactions: Zaman

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!