NFS/CIFS Mount issues

ingy

Jul 25, 2023
Hi All,

New to Proxmox and the forums. Thanks for having me!

Recently I have setup a home lab running Proxmox 7.4-16 (non licensed version). The basic setup is as follows -

Proxmox running on a lenovo micro pc (M720q)
Second NIC added

QNAP TS459 with two GB ports
QNAP NIC1 - 192.168.1.30
QNAP NIC2 - 10.1.1.50

Proxmox is running on 192.168.1.250 (vmbr0)
Second NIC configured with 10.1.1.100 (vmbr1)

The 192.x network is running through my normal home network
The 10.x network is connected directly from PC > QNAP

I have two linux VMs currently running
VM1 can mount cifs and NFS shares using 10.x
VM2 can not mount CIFS or NFS shares on 10.x network (but can on 192.x)

Proxmox itself can also mount CIFS using 192.x network but not the 10.x

As far as NFS goes on VM2 and Proxmox it defnitely looks like its timing out, on VM1 its quick and works no problems though (even new mounts)
rpcinfo -p shows "RPC: Remote system error - Connection timed out"

I can run a showmount -e though and I will get a full list of exports available.

Mounting via CIFS shows this error - mount error(115): Operation now in progress

I also introduced a 1GB switch to go between the QNAP and PC just incase it was something janky with the direct connection.
I am assuming its some kind of wierd routing issue? Or perhaps just a limitation of the QNAP?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!