Newbie needs help on setting VLANs on a single physical NIC

cosmos

Renowned Member
Apr 1, 2013
Got a host running PVE 8.2, that has a single NIC, eno0. A vmbr0 is also connected.

The interface is physically connected to a switch port that is configured to carry LAN untagged traffic, as well as DMZ (vlan id = 100) and WAN (vlan id = 200) VLAN'ed traffic.

Now, some VMs on my host should be connected to the LAN, some to the DMZ and some others to the WAN traffic. I've read the sysadmin documentation, but I don't really understand how I should go about it (on ESXi I've made that using the builtin GUI), apart from that I could configure the (v)NICs inside the VMs themselves to transmit/receive whatever type of VLAN traffic needed, but I'd like to avoid this approach.

I'd be grateful if you could provide some info on what I should do/what type of interfaces I should create on the host from the GUI, in order to have three VLAN'ed zones.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!