Newbe with Proxmox.. Add 3rd network adapter

M

mallerd

I just started a consultant gig where the previous support tech used Proxmox for VM servers. I am a Windows guy. I need to know how to install a 3rd network adapter in a ProxMox 2.1 environment. I have the card installed, but the OS does not seem to recognize it. How do I install the network card? Does the LINUX environment not support any type of plug and play? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I just started a consultant gig where the previous support tech used Proxmox for VM servers. I am a Windows guy. I need to know how to install a 3rd network adapter in a ProxMox 2.1 environment. I have the card installed, but the OS does not seem to recognize it. How do I install the network card? Does the LINUX environment not support any type of plug and play? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Hi,
linux support many NICs.
Look for the NIC and your networkconfig with:
Code:
ifconfig -a
cat /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
dmesg | grep eth
How do you want to use the new NIC? You can use the gui to define a new bridge with the third nic. Reboot and you can use the new bridge.

If you know what you are doing, you can all doing without reboot... ("man ifconfig", "man brctl").

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!