New to proxmox

jrtejada

Sep 18, 2023
Do you have a recommendation on how to distribute the storage?

SSD have 1 500gb
HDD 4 8T
HDD 3 960 gb

I wanto install proxmox on the SSD but saw that that's not a good idea as won't take advantage of SSD speed and is not required so better install it on one of the HDD of 920gb and have two proxmox nodes? in case the HDD fail I can have the other working?

I wanto have containers to install web servers, Git, web dev environments, etc on which drive should be installed the dev env Dockers/K8s ? in one of the HDD of 960 gb? I will create those using Terraform or Ansible or a combination infrastructure as code so will have the info saved and in case the containers are lost I just recreate those without issues.

The only exception would be the container containing AI second brain that I plan to have have secure in case one drive fail so I do not lose all the knowledge stored there. shall I use two HDD of 8T there? or there's a better way as I do not think will need the 8T only 500g at most for this case

and also wanto to have a fileserver where I can store all the information from Videos and stuff from my video edition workflow

also wan to have a photo server but this indeed needs to have a fail over plan in case one disk fail and also will have a backup on the could in case a dissaster happens as will be family photos I do not want to lose.

Also was thinking on having a media service were I can put my ripped DVDs so I can watch with no issues and no need to go for the physical DVD and so

Could you recomend how would be a good approach for this?

Thanks so much for your kind support

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!